Facebook recently started pushing the use of hashtags in posts, literally in a notification stating that by adding hashtags, you can improve your reach.
The Facebook Hashtag 2020 Definitive Guide: What Marketers Need To Know
Jump to each section with the links below, or just read ‘n’ scroll!
- Post privacy: who can see your posts with hashtags?
- Tips for using hashtags on Facebook in 2020
- How many hashtags should you include in your Facebook posts?
- Use #SupportSmallBusiness on Facebook
- Join the challenge buttons
- Hashtag browse topic button
- Facebook auto-inserts links to Instagram hashtags
- Newly designed hashtag post feed pages
Hashtags on Facebook first launched clear back in 2013 with an update in 2016. And, frankly, hashtags never really seemed to take off, and never made much difference on Facebook. In fact, I recall seeing some reports over the years showing that using hashtags on Facebook might lower organic reach. And, for many users that auto-publish Instagram posts to Facebook, complete with a ton of hashtags, it never looked right.
That is, until now!
Heck, if we can get even a teeny increase in organic reach, I say use hashtags liberally on Facebook!!
You may have seen a notification on Facebook like this prompting you to add hashtags to your posts to improve your reach? LOVE that! Thank you, Facebook. Many members of my Social Scoop Facebook group are starting to report seeing a slight increase in reach with the use of hashtags now.